Erasmus Student Network (ESN) is a non-profit international student organisation. Our mission is to represent international students, thus provide opportunities for cultural understanding and self-development under the principle of Students Helping Students.
Erasmus Student Network divides its activities in 3 levels: local, national, international.
ESN Romania is a national branch of Erasmus Student Network, the biggest student organisation in Europe, supported by the European Commission, which leads its actions following core values like:
- unity in diversity, diversity in the unity;
- students helping students;
- fun in friendship and respect;
- international dimension of the life;
- love for Europe as an area of peace and cultural exchange;
- openness with tolerance and cooperation in the integration.
The first local section of Erasmus Student Network appeared in Romania in 2004, when ESN Cluj-Napoca was accepted within the network and since then more and more people started to believe in the mission and vision of Erasmus Student Network and joined it. Today ESN Romania has 13 local sections in 11 cities: ESN Alba-Iulia, ESN ASE Bucharest, ESN Bacău, ESN Brașov, ESN Cluj-Napoca, ESN Constanța, ESN Craiova, ESN Iași, ESN Sibiu, ESN Poli, ESN Târgu Mureș, ESN Timișoara și ESN UniBucharest. Currently, we also have two candidate sections: CS ESN Oradea and CS ESN Suceava.
Who are we?
A group of young people who voluntarily put their effort in helping exchange students integrate and provide opportunities for cultural understanding and self-development for students of Romania and not only. Volunteers across the country, no matter their sections work together to add value to the Erasmus+ students’ experiences and also get to develop their hard and soft skills, reaching ESN’s mission of “Enrichment of society through international students”.
The main objectives of the organization are:
- Motivating the students to participate in an international mobility;
- Improving the socio-cultural integration of international youth in the Romanian universities;
- Representing the needs and expectations of the foreign students, at a local, national and international level.